Monday, December 8, 2008

Not Me Monday



2nd edition of Not Me Monday. I missed it last week and I was very sad on Tuesday. I considered doing one on Tuesday and pretending it was Monday. Well here it goes!

Last week, I did not buy a $125 Guess purse from www.Zappos.com. I would never spend that much money on a bag, NEVER! I did not excuse the huge purchase by telling Phill that I returned a pair of $83 shoes to them so I had to use the store credit! This was not a lie, I could not have gotten the money put back on my credit card to spend on non frivolous things. I did not avoid telling him how much it was for days.

Lastnight at Applebee's I did not order their Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo without the broccoli. No, only REALLY picky people do that sort of thing! I have never been that way. Nope, not me.

Yesterday while making banana chocolate chip muffins I did not use really old brown sugar instead of going out to buy new fresh sugar. It wasn't that hard, it just wouldn't move at all when you shook the canister. I didn't have to hammer it out with a knife to make the 1/2 cup I needed. I also did not use this same hard brown sugar to make lil' cheddar meatballs on Friday night and neglect to get new stuff at the store on Saturday while grocery shopping. Not, not me, because I of course make grocery shopping lists the night before ;) Also, while making the muffins I did not steal baking soda out of our refrigerator fresh baking soda pack. I did not have to cut through the mesh to get at this baking soda to keep myself from having to make a trip to the store. I do not make do with just about anything!

Saturday night I did not start putting up the Christmas tree decorations and decor at 10:30pm. No way, I did not procrastinate all day and not finish until 1am.

Yesterday, Phill and I did not put up Christmas lights outside while it was pouring down snow. No way, we are smarter than that and decided to wait until a warmer day. I also did not spend 40 minutes outside trying to get the icicle light to twinkle! 4 strands and I got 3 to work!

Phill and I have not had to run to Target about 5 times this weekend because we forgot things for our holiday decorating. Our lights weren't long enough, we didn't have a splitter to connect more than one string of lights to an outlet, etc. etc.

Lastly, I am not addicted to Welch's Strawberry pop which is so terribly bad for you with all its sugars and artificial flavors! I do not ask Phill to pick me one up at the gas station every other night on his way home from work and get one EVERY time I go to Target. No way, I have way more self control than that!

That's all today! Leave me some comments about your not me's of the last week. I love seeing and reading comments and I don't get very many:( I do not check them quite often;)


1 comment:

Samantha said...

You are so cute. Your blog is SO cute. I love you. Your post was funny again!!!
Loves,
Sam