Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Summary

Well the weekend is over and I'm back to the weekly grind :( I didn't do a whole lot this weekend but as always it was eventful. Phillip and I went shopping on Saturday to take a few returns back and hopefully buy a vacuum. Our house hasn't been vacuumed in about 4 months (no I'm not exaggerating, probably underestimating). DO NOT TELL MY MOTHER! She is a clean freak and would probably hop in her car along with her rixpensive Dyson to come save me from my dirty carpet! I have allergies so this is a bad thing! Now, we got A LOT of gift cards for our wedding presents. Some from Kohl's, Wal-Mart, & Target but the most from Target. The plan this weekend was to buy a vacuum from Target. I carry all the gift cards with me in my purse in case we decide we would like to make a "house" purchase at a moments notice. So we are in the mall buying bedroom curtains and taking back a shirt I don't like. We get all that done when I reach for my cell phone to check the time. The cell phone was tucked in with the gift cards. THE POCKET IS EMPTY!! I FREAK OUT! "Phill there all gone, the money, my cell phone, EVERYTHING!" Followed by frantically searching my purse and emptying it out in men's clothing while beginning to have a melt down. This is in Herberger's by the way. My search comes up empty handed so I run back to the counter where I returned my shirt hoping I dropped them. NOTHING. Phill is madly following me b/c by this point I'm running through the store like a mad woman. Next, off to JcPenny where we purchased our curtains. I'm literally running through the mall by now! I probably looked crazy to all the shoppers, and take note that this was a Saturday so I'm knocking into people on my way. Poor Phill, I left him in the dust! Get to JcPenny and no luck! Phill comes in and finds me and demands the car keys. He's about had enough of his crazy wife at this point. I hand them over and the tears start to flow. I slowly follow him out to the car and there in the back seat are the gift cards and my phone:) He is more leveled headed than me and figured I dropped them in the car. If only I could listen to him before freaking out I would save myself a lot of stress. I had in fact dropped them in the car while leaning over to pick up my return bag. I shed some tears in the backseat, he hugged me and made me feel better, and we were on our way for more shopping fun! By the time we get to Target we are both in sour moods from the gift card extravaganza that we decide to call it a day and return to our dirty apartment without a vacuum. We both are the types of people that like to look up countless reviews before we settle and I have yet to find a "great" vacuum per people's reviews anyway. Dyson's get good reviews but the gift cards sadly don't add up $450. We did however buy a dust buster from Wal-Mart. Maybe I can talk Phill into just vacuuming the whole apartment with that?!?

What else happened this weekend? Phill & I came home on Friday night and slept from 5-8 and then I returned to bed at 10:30 and slept until 10:30 Saturday morning! I must have been tired?

I went to the doctor last week and she told me I need to cut milk out of my diet for a week and then slowly add it in the following week. I'm supposed to keep a food diary during the two weeks to find out my triggers. This is all to help my gastrointestinal issues. CUT MILK OUT OF MY DIET!?! Have you met me? Cereal is a food group for me! I could eat it all day everyday! However, I told her I would make an effort starting Monday. Well today is Monday and so far I've had coffee with creamer in it and a bagel with yummy cream cheese. I foresee procrastinating this task as well!

Lastly today, my sister Sam recently told me about this website-http://flylady.com
It gives you ideas for making your life less hectic. Small steps to putting your house together and keeping it that way. One of the tasks is trying to make your bed everyday. So I've been trying to do this b/c when I walk into my bedroom it does make me feel better having a made bed. I'm not so good at it though. Does it count if the bed doesn't get made until 6:30pm? Another piece of advice I'm trying from the website is preparing for tomorrow the night before by setting my clothes out, getting my lunch ready, etc. I am chronically late these days so I need all the help I can get. I'm not sure where I inherited this chronic lateness for my mother is always AT LEAST 15 minutes early to everything and always has been. She gets so irritated when I come home and make her late for things. So in an effort to get to work on time this morning I laid out my clothes, got my lunch ready and packed, and set my coffee maker to start at 7am. Everything was going as planned, I was on time and ready to go. We head out the door and get in the car when I realize, I have no idea where my bus pass is? I ride the city bus to work everyday b/c Phill & I share one car, a bus doesn't go to his work, and parking on the university campus where I work is very costly. So not being able to find my bus pass threw a wrench in things. Phill decides he will take me to work today and hopefully my bus pass is sitting at work. We pull out of the garage and I realize I have forgotten my coffee all nicely prepared with yummy cinnamon bun creamer and a few heaping spoonfuls of sugar. As I was debating running back inside the radio guy says "How can you forget to put your wedding ring on" Uh, Phill did! So, it's decided, I shall go back inside to grab my coffee and Phill's wedding ring. So instead of getting out of the house at 7:30, it is now 7:42. Ugh!! I tried! The sad thing is, when I got to work my bus pass was indeed not here. I also realized I lost my office keys that also have my apartment keys on them. What is with me this weekend!?! My only hope is both my bus pass and keys are in the coat I wore on Friday. Otherwise it's going to be a week of replacing things :(

No comments: