Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tired Tuesday

So, I really do mean to blog more but I guess my life is pretty boring as of late. Plus, last week was a pretty crappy week. I had crazy pains in my legs and was super tired. I did finally figure out the culprit to my ailments though and have stopped taking the med. I was on that was causing all of it. This week I am almost pain free! The weekend was awesome though! We FINALLY bought a vacuum! The Bissell Healthy Home Vacuum. And since we bought this particular vacuum from Target we got a $50 gift card! Our apartment was DISGUSTING!! Phill vacuumed it 5 TIMES and it's still picking stuff up! It is bagless and watching all that nastiness swirl around was gross. He had to empty the canister several times and tell me what he saw in it too! Thanks honey! Did I mention how amazing my husband is? He gained MAJOR bonus points this weekend:

-He vacuumed our apartment 5 times with the new vacuum between Saturday & Sunday. We got home with it and he immediately put it together and went to work. I didn't even ask! He may have been just as excited about a new vacuum as my mom got when she got a Dyson! He was so cute!
-Sunday he was trying to get stains out of our carpet with the good ol' Woolite and saw more crap accumulating by the floor boards. He grabbed the vacuum and was off again!
-He put up my new curtain rod and curtains which I love. Now instead of a comforter for our curtains we have actual pretty curtains!
-He made a yummy supper for us Sunday night. Cajun chicken, friend potatoes, and corn!
-He gave me a back massage with lotion on Friday night because I still felt crappy.

I love him lots! All of these things I didn't even ask him to do! While he was vacuuming on Saturday he let me go and spend money at Maurices! Okay, Maurices is my weakness. I LOVE that store. I could spend all day in that store and my whole bank account. My sister called on Saturday to tell me she had went to Maurices and what she got, etc. I HAD to go right? I did get a good deal though. I had a 20% off card and my punch card was full so that was an additional $10 off. I practically got one free shirt! Though, Maurices is way more fun when I'm with my sister Sam. She also has a Maurices weakness. We know almost all the ladies that work there at the one in Iowa where she lives. One sales girl in particular knows our tastes very well. We will go in and pick a few things out, go into the dressing room and start trying on. Within a few minutes the sales girl is throwing heaps of clothes over to us to also try on. Those are the times we cannot get out of that store for less than $70 a piece, know matter how many coupons we may have! Then we go home and have a fashion show for our mother. When she asks us how much each item was, we knock it down at least $5 or $10!! hehe I miss fashion shows:( I also miss shopping from my sisters closet :( Living far away sure does stink sometimes.

This week has been pretty uneventful so far. Our morning was less than perfect. Phill started drinking coffee all of a sudden which I think is the cutest! I now make coffee for the both of us every morning. We both really like cinnamon bun creamer! We only have 2 coffee mugs, one good one and one that you have to be careful with. I get the good one that the lid screws onto because I ride the bus. If you have never had to ride a bus well than good for you! Sudden stops, people cramming on the bus and knocking you with their book bags, lead foots, hard brakers, etc. are not good for hot coffee drinkers. I haven't encountered to many good bus drivers! I could write on and on about how much I hate taking the bus! So I get the good coffee mug to avoid spills. Anyways, the other coffee mug just has a regular lid. You have to hang onto the lid and mug when you take drinks or it may pop off. I speak from experience which I will get to in a minute. I warned Phill about this. So this morning he puts the mug in the cup holder in our car. The cup doesn't quite fit due to the handle being in the way. So he's driving and goes to turn and all of a sudden his butt is wet and burning! He is wearing khakis! He is less than a mile from work and already late! He goes into work with a brown & wet butt!! Poor guy! Not the best way to start your morning with Folgers on your butt!! Come to think of it, the good coffee mug I use HE got from work! How ironic!

My mishaps with the not so good coffee mug:

Before I got the good coffee mug I would use this. I was running for the bus one day trying to get to work. Can you see where this is going? I make it to the bus, swipe my buss pass and turn to find a seat. Someone has their bag sticking out into the aisle. I was trying to put my bus pass away and carrying coffee so I of course didn't see it. I trip, fall onto my knees, and spill coffee all over myself and the aisle! I even managed to rip a hole in the knee of my pant leg! BAD DAY THAT WAS! That's not all though. I brought the mug to church with me! We are up singing and worshiping and I take a sip WITHOUT holding the lid in place. Coffee goes all down the front of my WHITE shirt! AAAHH! Phill can't contain his laughter but does let me borrow his fleece jacket to wear for the rest of the service. By the way Sam, thanks for that WONDERFUL coffee mug! Well it's about quittin' time. More on my adventures later this week.

Calie

No comments: