Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these! It was an exciting weekend though and very blog worthy. So what did I so not do this weekend and last week:

Well, everyday last week I did not survive the work days on 4 cups of coffee and 2-3 cans of soda per day. Not me, I'm cutting back on caffeine and trying to develop a more healthy lifestyle. I just haven't been sleeping the best as my brain won't shut off at night :(

Last Tuesday at bowling league I did not forget how to bowl and score a measly 109 the first game. I did come back to redeem myself though with a 171 and 186 respectively! I hadn't bowl in a few weeks and apparently my brain forgot how to do my much loved hobby.

This weekend we went to Dubuque, IA for the men's Iowa State Bowling Tournament. I went along as Phill didn't want me to be up here by myself all weekend. It was interesting to say the least:
-We did not get lost in Dubuque every time we went anywhere. We did not end up in Illinois and Wisconsin while trying to find the bowling alleys!
-But, the best NOT part of the weekend was our hotel! Oh wOw! I was not terrified of sleeping in the bed at the hotel. The bed did not look like it could be infestd with bed bugs, STD's, lice, and who else knows what can grow in beds. I did not throw that nasty bed comforter off and sleep on top of the sheets and sleep with the pillow and blanket we keep in the car for long trips home, and pray I didn't get bed bugs!
-I also did not dare to take a shower in there as I didn't have any flip flops to shield my feet from the dirt on the floor of the tub.
-I did not have to have my mother-in-law help me flush the toilet. It took an iron man to get that dang handle to go down.
-Seriously, my mother-in-law did not book this hotel room because they served waffles for breakfast and then she didn't even eat breakfast!!
-The ad said the hotel had been renovated and looked brand new. The only signs of renovation that we saw were lighted up palm trees by the pool! It's Iowa, why in the world did they need lit up palm trees. And for that matter, again it's Iowa, where it's too cold half of the year to be swimming outside!! Put an indoor pool in!!
-It did not take all four of us to get the adjoining room door closed in the hotel room for fear of a nasty drunk man coming in in the middle of the night. The lock on the door did not take all of our might to finally lock.
-Speaking of security, it also did not take all four of us to get into our hotel room. Those stupid swipe cards! It was freezing cold and we are all standing outside trying to get in the room. This did not happen every time we tried to get into the room. We are all intelligent people and can figure out a simple door. We were not kicking the door and screaming at the stupid cards to let us in. We also seriously did not dare to go ask the (super friendly) front desk.

This is what their website says:
"Leave your stress behind and immerse yourself in unparalleled relaxation at the Days Inn of Dubuque" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Lastnight when we got home I did not vow to go to bed by 9 and not get to bed until 11! We watched Fireproof lastnight, which by the way, is an AMAZING movie! Phill even sat down and watched it. He said he was going to study while I watched it but ended up getting really into it and watched the whole thing. So so so good! I really want to order the book they used in the movie, The Love Dare. After the movie was over we so did not decide to order pizza at 10pm. I'm so about my new healthy lifestyle! After eating the pizza we did not decide to watch Burn Notice. Phill picked up season 1 and really wants me to start watching it with him. I did not love the show! Ugg, I so do not need another show to add to my list.

Well that's about all for me. This week is going to be a rough one emotionally. It's my mom's birthday on the 20th and I wish she was here to celebrate, and the anniversary of my dear niece Shaelynn earning her angel wings on the 19th. I'm going home this weekend to be with my sis. I plan on doing an update on the 19th or 20th about the last few years and how they have changed my life so stay tuned. The Bachelor is on tonight at 7 or 8 for anyone who cares. I'm even more addicted this season that last! Fans of Reality TV is my spoiler sight and I go there about 20 times a day!

Later Gators

2 comments:

shainapearce.com said...

I stayed in that hotel once, only it was in Florida. Seriously: nails sticking out of the wall and headboard, hole in the floor big enough for my foot to go in and the WORST customer service on the planet. I shudder to think of it.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sorry your hotel was so bad.